An appeal to Northeast U.S. Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't go by the initial shipping estimate. IIRC you can't get to the shipping options until you enter payment info, but in all my past orders, I've been presented with significantly cheaper options than what was originally suggested, and for me in CT, a final total competitive with the "big boys".

Bobby, if you could let shoppers see the actual shipping options and costs before entering a CC#, you may not scare off some potential customers.
That's a great point. I know that I disabled that feature a while ago because it was causing some kind of problem, but since I forgot what that was, I just enabled it again. Edit... I remember now. People were picking something in the dropdown menu thinking it would stick through the entire checkout process and it doesn't. Displaying is probably the lesser of two evils, but I know I was incorrectly accused of bait and switch a couple times.

1715443871330.png

Displaying is probably the lesser of two evils, but I know I was incorrectly accused of bait and switch a couple times.
@Bobby_M, yes it's disturbing to be falsely accused, even by morons who apparently lack knowledge about how web shipping calculation works. But...

As a general rule, I steer clear of sites that don't provide shipping info early in the purchase process. So, yes, best to show it - not evil at all.

fwiw, I'll keep buying from you either way.

Don't go by the initial shipping estimate. IIRC you can't get to the shipping options until you enter payment info, but in all my past orders, I've been presented with significantly cheaper options than what was originally suggested, and for me in CT, a final total competitive with the "big boys".

Bobby, if you could let shoppers see the actual shipping options and costs before entering a CC#, you may not scare off some potential customers.
If you hit cash, you can proceed to see shipping. (It says that somewhere on the checkout page.)

Just chiming in with support. I've posted before about how lucky I am that brewhardware happens to be my LHBS. There was another about equidistant previously but I settled on brewhardware as my go-to pretty darn quick. Not that the other place was bad, but walking into Bobby's shop I always knew I would walk out with great ingredients, sold at a great price, by people providing great service. Idt a visit has gone by that I haven't learned something. I would urge everyone to at least give them a shot for the same money or just a few extra $. I'm sure you've gotten the extra value from all of Bobby's participation in this forum.

I live 20-25 min away, and when I felt the earthquake a few weeks ago they were my first call. It was great to hear Sue tell me things were copasetic!

Cheers to everyone in the shop!
:mug:

We started tweaking our UPS rates a bit this week. We just got a pretty good bump on our discount structure and we're working on getting the live rates displaying. If you've already shopped for a sample shipping rate or two since I posted this thread, try again, you might be surprised by the UPS ground rate.

We started tweaking our UPS rates a bit this week. We just got a pretty good bump on our discount structure and we're working on getting the live rates displaying. If you've already shopped for a sample shipping rate or two since I posted this thread, try again, you might be surprised by the UPS ground rate.
FWIW, shipping for my test of an AG kit was cut in half. Nice!

Understand, if you will, that I still have relatively close access to two LHBSs, and I want to help keep them in business.

If I have to go internet order, I'll give you first shot.

Understand, if you will, that I still have relatively close access to two LHBSs, and I want to help keep them in business.

If I have to go internet order, I'll give you first shot.
Yeah for sure. I'm not asking anyone to participate in the demise of a local small business.

Latest posts

Back