Beer Refrigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gfei

Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw a question out to the community. My wife and I started looking for a small refrigerator (dorm size) for holding bottled beer. None of the beverage coolers I've looked look like they will fit 12oz bottles very well, and a dorm fridge just has way too much wasted space for my taste.

Does anyone use a small beer cooler or know of a decent model they would recommend. I'm hoping for something that could eventually be built in under my bar...

One of these kinda deals, but like most I've seen it's better suited to cans than bottles:
base_media

thanks all

A window isn't necessary. The problem with the dorm fridge is there's just way too much wasted space. You end up with a relatively large fridge that only holds a few six packs of beer...

I bought a Frigidaire similar to the one pictured at Lowe's for my wife's wine and I am eying up another for my beer fridge. I measured and can get 5 bottles deep by seven across on 2 levels top and middle and have a small area on the bottom in front of the compressor for odd bottles and odd sizes. All in all about 80 beers. All I need to do is take out the wine bottle racks and replace with 2 flat racks for standing the bottles up. the sides have slots every inch or so for adjusting the rack height up and down. only thing is have to wait until the summer for it to be a B-day present.

You will definitely want to keep your bottles standing upright. The yeast settlement will be disturbed majorly when you pour these sideways stored bottles.

Definately want to store them upright... 80 bottles isn't so bad, I could live with that :tank:. Guess I'll take another look at what lowes has to offer.

This one is tiny, but remove the wine shelves and it will hold at least 12 bottles upright... probably more. One similar to this came "free" with a TV I bought at Best Buy 3 years ago.

Avanti EWC16B
tn375_av-ewc16b102108110432.jpg

found the one I am looking at. Frigidaire 34 bottle wine cooler. has a thermostat and light. racks can be adjusted every 3/4 inch only thing is figuring out what to replace the wine racks with maybe a piece of black painted 1/4 inch plywood or clear plexiglass. negatives in the reviews are those who used this as a built in. it really is only a free standing unit so might not work for you, but at 229$ is not a bad deal
012505672088md.jpg

I got This one recently.. perfect size, it's like a 3/4 fridge. It allows two shelves, with the bottom shelf tall enough for 22oz. on top i can fit 4 deep X 7 wide, bottom is same. door holds about 10 (most of them have to be sierra nevada size)
and the 'crisper' holds another 5-10.

So about 80 max. only $300 or so when i got it.

Back