Blichmann RipTide Pump Reviewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micraftbeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got a hold of a Blichmann RipTide wort pump and tried it out the other day. As usual with Blichmann stuff, the build quality was top-notch. But they went above & beyond with cool features to make pump use all the easier.

My favorite is the simple air-bubble release vent on the pump head. Multiple times I've had to monkey around with trapped air bubbles in the line before I could get the pump to run with regular pumps. Sometimes I'd have no issues, but the times I did, I wish I had something like this. So simple, yet so handy!

Second favorite feature is the on/off switch on the body of the pump. Again, nothing fancy, just simple. But every time I end up wanting to run the pump to the final moments to get the most wort transferred, and then I have to dive over to where it's plugged in and yank the cord before I blow-out the pump trying to compress air.

You can see my full write-up at the link below.

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2017/1...chmann-engineering-riptide-homebrew-pump.html

Back