Canned beer storing temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingWisdom

Reaction score
Hi
I got a carton of beer (20 cans) . 6.5% abv ale beer.
But I plan to use it later after a month or so.
The average room temperature is going to be 30-32 Centigrade for the next month. I am gonna store it in a dark place.
So any chance it can go bad or its going to be fine?

One “rule of thumb” which I’ve come across, from various sources, is that beer stored at higher temps will age as much in a month as the same beer, refrigerated, will age in a year. At the temps the OP has mentioned he’s still going to have beer in a month, it just won’t taste the same as it would taste today.

Age is the enemy of beer and high temps speed up the aging process.

One “rule of thumb” which I’ve come across, from various sources, is that beer stored at higher temps will age as much in a month as the same beer, refrigerated, will age in a year. At the temps the OP has mentioned he’s still going to have beer in a month, it just won’t taste the same as it would taste today.

Age is the enemy of beer and high temps speed up the aging process.
So would it taste more sweet and toffeyish type I guess after a month ?

So would it taste more sweet and toffeyish type I guess after a month ?
Hop flavors tend to dissipate more quickly if beer is stored hot, at least according to a couple of articles I’ve come across, so sweeter might be likely. Taste is highly subjective; not everyone’s tastebuds taste things the same. One of the articles I read described a blind taste test of two kegs of the same beer, stored for a year, one refrigerated, one not. Twelve people sampled the beers; all of them could identify the unrefrigerated beer. Two of the testers actually preferred the taste of the beer stored warm. Go figure.

Back