New to forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draft Master Flash

Reaction score
Hi,
Just starting out in Homebrew. I've worked with a lot of commercial draft systems in the past and have a love for German beer and like to keep it on draft at home. After much contemptation I have decided to start making beer. Just starting out with a basic extract kit but hope to go to all grain brewing soon. Lots of good information on this forum.

DMF

Welcome! I am kinda new myself, only been brewing a little over 2 years and a member here for about the same. Extract kits are a great way to start but you will love going all grain. BIAB is nice and simple and I highly recommend it. My next batch will be my first no-chill batch. I don't do lagers. I prefer ales, mostly stouts, because I can ferment at normal room temperature.

There are a lot of very helpful guys here and I have learned a lot on this forum.

Careful around here the rabbit holes are many and deep.

well that was funny enough, i had to give my Welcome! (and a clip, of my latest trip)

taken out of context like only a marketing agency can do!

@Draft Master Flash i think real draught gets served out of pressurized barrels, so something to think about! ;) :mug:

Welcome! I am kinda new myself, only been brewing a little over 2 years and a member here for about the same. Extract kits are a great way to start but you will love going all grain. BIAB is nice and simple and I highly recommend it. My next batch will be my first no-chill batch. I don't do lagers. I prefer ales, mostly stouts, because I can ferment at normal room temperature.

There are a lot of very helpful guys here and I have learned a lot on this forum.
After a few successful batches of extract I plan on using an all grain attachment that I just ordered for my digiboil that allows a method similar to BIAB and it seems easy enough but time will tell. My stove doesn't really get hot enough to really boil water so the digiboil was what I opted for. I plan on trying a no-chill batch with my new Anvil 7.5 bucket fermenter eventually but as the saying goes "You have to learn to crawl before you walk"

DMF

Last edited:
After a few successful batches of extract I plan on using an all grain attachment that I just ordered for my digiboil that allows a method similar to BIAB and it seems easy enough but time will tell. My stove doesn't really get hot enough to really boil water so the digiboil was what I opted for. I plan on trying a no-chill batch with my new Anvil 7.5 bucket fermenter eventually but as the saying goes "You have to learn to crawl before you walk"

DMF

I have a double jet propane burner and a 120 quart pot with basket I use for boiling crawfish, and the burner does double duty for boiling wort. My kettle won't fit under the hood over the stove so I can't brew in the kitchen unless I do small batches or partial boil. So you might consider getting a turkey boiler or crawfish boiler burner, and brewing outdoors.

I have a double jet propane burner and a 120 quart pot with basket I use for boiling crawfish, and the burner does double duty for boiling wort. My kettle won't fit under the hood over the stove so I can't brew in the kitchen unless I do small batches or partial boil. So you might consider getting a turkey boiler or crawfish boiler burner, and brewing outdoors.
I actually do have a propane burner but only to use as a backup because we have frequent power outages here. I would have no objection to brewing outside except where I live there are too many bugs and this new species of ankle biting mosquitoes eat you alive!

Back