What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Mexican Cake. I like it!
IMG_20240518_174701.jpg

Kettlehouse IPA. “Double Haul” is what some fly fishers call a particularly long cast. Most of the brewery’s beer names are references to the kinds of outdoor activities common in NW Montana. Anyway, this is a British style IPA and I like it.
DD21C949-4641-46E6-B4CF-09D2A517ADD9.jpeg

"Fax that Over" by Two Flints. Hazy with Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe and Nelson.

PXL-20240519-124302819-PORTRAIT.jpg

What's particularly interesting about this one is there seems to be no wheat or oats in it to speak of. 100% barely malt.

Maybe it's got some flaked barley in it or something but they've done a damn fine job getting such good mouth feel from an IPA with no oats or wheat in it.

I'm so jelly of your trip! Looks like a great time. You're talking me into my hiking trip to Colorado, again, I ended up cancelling due to Covid. @camonick and I were planning to meet up at Osker Blues.

I need to get back to Colorado, been a long time. Mountains and beer, what more could one ask for?

That sounds really good. Love Lychee Sake at the local sushi Palace. Don't have the patience for making saki though.
I imagine this probably wouldn't be anything like that. I just bought lychee nectar at Costco, added a little nutrient, and pitched cider yeast. I fermented dry and I bottled conditioned it. Fairly tart; a bit of honey at serving helps boost the perception of fruitiness.

I imagine this probably wouldn't be anything like that. I just bought lychee nectar at Costco, added a little nutrient, and pitched cider yeast. I fermented dry and I bottled conditioned it. Fairly tart; a bit of honey at serving helps boost the perception of fruitiness.
I’ve used the same nectar for a mead and will make it sweet to balance the tartness.

Failed to get a pic until it was almost gone but I stumbled across a homebrewed red ale in the back of my fridge.

Looking back on my notes, this beer is approaching 2 years old and it held up surprisingly well considering its age.
17161669998808583013509799889941.jpg

Back